美国口语 一
I got the short end of the stick.
我真是倒霉透了。
It’s just a whim./ Just a spur of the moment.
只是一时兴起。
That’s a rip-off. I want my money back.
真是坑人,我要把我的钱要回来。
Where can I dump those white elephants?
我该把这些垃圾丢那儿呢?
Let’s chip in 20 dollars to buy him a present.
让我们凑20块钱帮他买份礼物吧。
Do you like to do some work out?
你想不想去健身房运动啊?
Let’s grab something to eat.
我们随便找点吃的果腹吧。
He stood me up again.
他又放我鸽子了。
Let’s call it a day.
今天就到此为止吧。
A hotel is in walking distance.
附近就有一家旅馆。(步行就可以到)
Do you want a birdie?
你要借羽毛球吗?
Free style(自由式)、breast stroke(蛙式)、back stroke(仰式)、butterfly(蝶式)
That’s enough, anymore is just overkill.
那就够了,再多一点都是多余的。
Two scoops in a cup, vanilla.
双球香草冰淇淋,放在杯子里。(点冰淇淋时的说法)
There’s a big hole in my head.
我什么也记不得了。